tangaroa posting in liberal
- Republican Senate candidate Sharron Angle of Nevada called for a revolution against the U.S. government.
- The BBC reports that Pakistan's Deputy Attorney General is filing blasphemy charges against Facebook founders Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes for allowing Facebook users to post drawings of the Prophet Mohammed. The report also states that an international warrant for Zuckerberg's arrest and extradition will be submitted to Interpol. The Pakistani prosecutor does not appear to be identified in this report.
- The New York Times profiles Nigerian Christian preacher Helen Ukpabio who is blamed for a trend in abandonment of children due to accusations of witchcraft.
- China is seeing an increase in striking workers as it transitions from an agrarian to an industrial society.
- A year after an earthquake killed 300 people in Italy's province of L'Aquila, Earth Magazine reports that L'Aquila's chief prosecutor is considering charging the province's scientists with negligent manslaughter for predicting a low chance of a large quake, while a scientist who did predict a large quake to strike seven days earlier had been condemned by Italy's Civil Protection Agency.
- Over 80,000 Jews protested in Jerusalem after Israel jailed 35 Orthodox Jews for pulling their children out of a public school to send to a school with stricter discipline standards.
- Israel has charged a soldier with killing two women waving white flags in the Gaza war of January 2009. Israel has until now denied this incident happened.
- Britain disabled surveillance cameras in a neighbourhood of Birmingham after locals complained.
- Two questionable arrests of black people in the U.S.A.: