- al-Shabaab bombed a bar and a sports club in Uganda during the World Cup tournament, killing over 70.
- al-Qaeda preacher Anwar Awlaki has called for the assassination of cartoonist Molly Norris.
- John Sides of George Washington University finds that a majority of the U.S. public opposes any tax on the transfer of millionaires' estates from the dead to their heirs. Sides finds this is largely because the Republican Party has convinced them that the tax affects the middle class.
- The Ku Klux Klan is offering summer camps for children.
- Jonathan Hoffman at CiFWatch reports that Judge George Bathurst-Norman repeatedly lied to the jury and encouraged them to acquit saboteurs who had admitted destroying military equipment that was to be exported to Israel.
- Jonathan Wallace describes the American superpower as all bluster with no political willpower to fight and win wars.
- Techdirt discusses accounting fraud in the music industry.