- Terrance Brown of Portsmouth, England has been convicted of
terrorism for compiling information for an edition of the
- The Internet archive lists the items in Brown's collection.
- The al-Qaeda training manual which the media slams Brown for distributing within his collection was published by the U.S.A. Department of Justice under Attorney General John Ashcroft in 2001.
- Wikipedia says that the original Anarchist Cookbook was written by William Powell of the U.S.A. in 1971.
- In 2002, Sherman Austin of California was convicted of conspiracy to commit arson for publishing an anarchist tactics guide on his website Raise the Fist.
- The Maine Republican Party platform has been rewritten by the Libertarian wing of the party [PDF]. The new platform declares the greenhouse effect to be a myth, supports the outlawing of abortion and the government endorsement of religion, and calls for a "return to the principles of Austrian economics".
- More than one in four Republicans in a Public Policy Polling survey say the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico made them support offshore drilling more strongly than they did before.
- Cable News Network credits a 9% drop in Japanese Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama's approval rating to his choice of clothing.